It was in when Schloss met Frank in Holland, and they remained friends until each was sent to a concentration camp. After the war, Schloss moved to England, where she still resides today. Otto Frank became stepfather to Schloss in , and remained married to her mother until his death in She describes Frank as a wonderful stepfather who helped her overcome the bitterness and hatred she felt from her experience in the war.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today.
See offers. Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed.
Sorry, this content is not available in your region.
Thank you for supporting real journalism. County By County. Then go to step 5. Click OK to close the Internet Options popup. Chrome On the Control button top right of browser , select Settings from dropdown.
Select Parent Grandparent Teacher Kid at heart. Age of the child I gave this to:. Goldman said the Chabad Community Center wanted to share her presentation with the metro community and state because Holocaust survivors are dying off as the years go by. He said Schloss, 90, will be traveling to Oklahoma from England.
What we do
Also, the rabbi said he knows that numerous people have read "The Diary of Anne Frank" and know Anne's story of hiding from the Nazis in Holland. The Nazis ultimately found Anne's family and she was sent to Auschwitz-Birkenau death camp, where her mother Edith died.
Anne and her sister Margot then were sent to Bergen-Belsen concentration camp where they died. Their father Otto Frank is the only member of the Frank family that survived the Holocaust.
- Eva's story a survivor's tale by the step-sister of Anne Frank | Imperial War Museums.
- Holocaust survivor Eva Schloss, stepsister of Anne Frank, in Memphis Oct. 16 - The Daily Memphian!
- The Liberal Heresy: Origins and Historical Development.
Most Oklahomans read her diary and here they can experience, interact and hear from someone who know her," Goldman said of Anne. Like Anne, Schloss went into hiding in Holland until she and her family were captured and sent to Auschwitz-Birkenau.
- Science and Synthesis: An International Colloquium organized by Unesco on the Tenth Anniversary of the Death of Albert Einstein and Teilhard de Chardin!
- Um. . .: Slips, Stumbles, and Verbal Blunders, and What They Mean!
- Shopping for Lunch (Read-It! Readers)!
- Holocaust survivor Eva Schloss, stepsister of Anne Frank, in Memphis Oct. 16.